I’m at SNAP this weekend, a blogging conference for the creative bloggers out there, so I wanted to share some fun, easy recipes and ideas with you this week!
I don’t know about you guys, but one of my favorite flavor combinations is Almond Cherry. I’ve made oatmeal in this flavor and it’s delicious, so when I found this recipe from Woman’s Day for homemade vanilla ice cream, I was intrigued. I figured it would work just as well using almond extract and I was right!
- Two cups heavy whipping cream
- One 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of almond extract
- 2 cups of frozen cherries, pureed
- Using a mixer, add all ingredients and mix on high for several minutes until blended and thick. Take an 8x8 or comparable pan and pour mixture into there. Top with desired toppings and freeze for 8 hours.
- **can substitute different extracts/toppings as desired for different flavors**
The ice cream tastes just like the store bought stuff and is so thick and creamy. On the other side, it’s NOT at all healthy for you, so if you’re looking for a low cal dessert here, you won’t find it. I can’t wait to make more ice creams using this recipe–my husband is requesting chocolate chip and I’m thinking cookies and cream would be amazing. 🙂 ENJOY!