This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BigHero6Release #CollectiveBias
Have your kids seen Big Hero 6 yet? My husband took my son around Christmas and they both came back RAVING about it! I think I like kids cartoons as much as my children do, so naturally I’m SUPER excited for Big Hero 6 to come out on DVD tomorrow, February 24th, 2015, so I can check out all the hype!! To celebrate I thought I’d create a little Big Hero 6 Red Velvet Cake Mix Muddy Buddies!
- 4 cups of Chex Mix separated in half in two individual bowls
- 1 cup Funfetti "Radiant Red" cake mix
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups white chocolate chips or almond bark melted
- 1 bag of medium sized marshmallows
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips melted
- Start by pouring 2 cups of Chex Mix cereal into two bowls (4 cups total).
- In a large gallon sized ziploc bag place one cup of powdered sugar. In another large bag place 1 cup of Radiant Red cake mix. Set aside.
- Melt your white chocolate for 1-2 minutes stirring in between until fully melted. Pour half the chocolate into one bowl and gently mix into cereal, then pour cereal into one of your bags and gently toss. Repeat this step for the other bowl of chex mix and gently toss in the other bag.
- One both bags of chex are coated well, pull out a strainer and pour your first bag over the strainer...this gets rid of extra "powder". Do the same for the second bag, then pour both bags into one bowl and gently toss. I got rid of the excess powder so that the white chex mix don't turn pink from the two mixing together.
- Finally, melt about 1/2 cup of chocolate in the microwave for 1-2 minutes until melted. Take a toothpick and gently use tip to create Biomax face on the marshmallow. Spread a few of these throughout your mix for a fun little addition!
These little treats are very easy to make…you essentially pour melted chocolate over the chex mix and toss in powdered sugar in one bag and red velvet cake mix in another. I liked the Radiant Red Cake Mix because it really is bright red, so you’ll get a nice bright red muddy buddy!
Your kids will really enjoy getting involved too to create their movie treat!
After they were all mixed up, I created little Baymax’s using chocolate and a toothpick and putting two little dots and a line between them on a marshmallow. At first I was concerned that no one would realize what it was, then my son ran it exclaiming, “Is that Baymax on the marshmallow, mom?!” and I regained confidence 😉
The whole thing took minutes to make and they’re so good too! The cake mix on the red muddy buddies is YUMMY!!
I put them in cute little individual paper cups or you can serve them in a big bowl family style! Your choice! I bet if you had a kids Big Hero 6 Party they’d absolutely love snacking on this tasty treat and enjoying the new DVD that’s out at Walmart now! Check out Walmart.com tomorrow to see all the awesome Big Hero 6 goodies that are coming out along with the DVD release tomorrow!!
Your purchase of the Big Hero 6 Blu-Ray/DVD + Gift With Purchase Set includes a digital movie on Vudu while supplies last! Simply scan your receipt using the Savings Catcher in the Walmart app. Then look for a message on your phone or email. Now you can watch Big Hero 6 on any device!
And if you’re not familiar with Big Hero 6 yet…check out this clip!