I’m really excited to share another Dump Cake recipe with you guys today! My other two dump cakes (Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake and Caramel Apple Dump Cake) are two of my most popular and repinned posts EVER on my site, so I couldn’t just stop there! I wanted to try some new dump cake ideas for you guys to enjoy and today may be my most favorite dump cake recipe EVER!! This Strawberry Vanilla Dump Cake is moist, flavorful, and so easy to make! I think you’re really going to enjoy it. I got my kids involved on their day off and we made it together–so it’s even a fun kid friendly dessert to make as a family!
Let’s start with the ingredients you need to make this cake…very simple things and best of all–it’s from a boxed mix, but you’re not going to follow the directions on the back of the box.
Start with your normal, every day boxed cake mix. For this recipe I chose a simple vanilla cake mix. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 9×13 baking pan.
In a bowl, mix together your vanilla cake mix, two eggs, 1 teaspoon of vanilla, and one can of strawberry pie filling. One mixed, I folded in a 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips–just for a fun little addition to the cake. You can leave these out if you’d prefer. Mix until completely blended and then pour the mixture into your 9×13 baking dish and bake for about 35-40 minutes or until your toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool completely in the refrigerator and while cooling, start to prepare your frosting.
In a new bowl, mix together one 8 oz. bar of cream cheese with one 1/2 stick of butter, softened, 1 teaspoon of vanilla, and 3 cups of powdered sugar. Mix together the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla first, then gradually add the powdered sugar.
Frost the cake once cool and serve immediately. Store cake covered in the fridge.
This cake is probably my favorite dump cake recipe so far and my kids LOVED eating their creation. We topped it off with some multi colored sprinkles because…why not?!
The full recipe is below, I hope you enjoyed this recipe and if you like dump cakes, you’ll definitely want to check out my other recipes for them, as well…..
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- 1 large can strawberry pie filling
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Topping recipe:
- 1 8 oz. bar cream cheese
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×13 baking pan.
- “Dump” all your cake ingredients together in a bowl and mix until blended and place in oven.
- Bake cake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean, pull out when done and let cool.
- While cooling, start making your icing. Combine cream cheese, butter, and vanilla in a bowl and mix well, then slowly add in powdered sugar up to 3 cups until you've reached desired consistency.
- Once cake is cooled, top with cream cheese frosting and serve!