The Big Game is this weekend and today I’m showing you a delicious dessert idea that’s SUPER easy and sure to wow your “crowd”. These OREO Cookie Ball Football Pretzel Rods are a sure fire way to celebrate and take only 3 ingredients to make the “dough”. And MAN, I will tell you, they are amazing.
Once you have all your ingredients, you basically crush your OREOS either in a food processor, or if you’re like me and your food processor is broke, you put them in a large bowl and crush with a meat mallet. From there you mix in your cream cheese and blend well.
Once your OREOS and cream cheese are mixed, put it in the freezer for a few minutes to harden up. Once cool, you can then shape your footballs with large heaps of dough. Put a pretzel rod up the bottom of the “football” and then place back in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
After frozen, melt your milk chocolate according to instructions and dip. Be sure to get the bottom/base of the rod to help it stay on once hardened. Finally, melt some white chocolate and using a bottle or icing tip, add the football laces with the white. Let chill again and then serve!
These are surprisingly easy to make and will yield roughly 10-12 per batch. They’re best served after being chilled. Or bag them up and put a tag on them and send them home as favors for your party next weekend!
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 3 cups)
- 4 pkg. (4 oz. each) semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- 2-3 tablespoons of white chocolate
- Pretzel rods
- Empty full package of OREO Cookies into a bowl or food processor and crush.
- Mix in cream cheese until blended well.
- Create heaping balls of mixture and roll into balls and then gently shape into footballs, stick pretzel rod up bottom.
- Freeze the balls/rods in freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Melt chocolate as per container instructions then dip the mixture and part of the rod into the chocolate (getting the base of the rod into the chocolate is important to help hold it on).
- Put dipped rods back into freezer and melt your white chocolate.
- Add "laces" on the football with white chocolate and allow to cool til hard.
- Serve cold or room temperate, they will melt...so best if served straight out of the fridge.
So serve up a game winning dessert next weekend and root on your favorite team!! Have fun!!