This post was sponsored by Johnson & Johnson as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Each holiday season, it seems like the busy-ness of the holidays weighs heavily on all of us. From holiday giving, to baking, holiday parties, gifts for family and friends, and getting your home decorated and cleaned up…it can feel like a lot. My family isn’t necessarily made of money either, so we have to pick and choose our top priorities and where we budget our money for the holidays. Like any family, we have years where we are able to do more and years where we may have to do with less, but each year we try to make it a priority to give back, even in the smallest ways, during the holiday season. Giving back can mean so many things, so today I wanted to give you a few small ideas and tell you how you can give back this holiday season with the Johnson & Johnson Donate a Photo app.
The Johnson & Johnson Donate a Photo app allows you to give back for the holidays by sharing a photo through the free Donate a Photo app! For each photo shared, Johnson & Johnson donates $1 to one of its non-profit partners chosen by each user. One example of a cause through the app is the Save the Children charity.
So basically, you can raise money and awareness for causes you and your family care about simply by sharing a photo!
Donate a Photo makes it even easier for you by allowing you to share on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and share the word that you can give back in such a simple way.
Donate a Photo launched in 2013 and since that time over 1.75 million photos have been donated and 179,750 people have contributed. One photo can be donated every.single.day. Just think of how much you can make a difference!
Find out more about it on the Johnson & Johnson Donate a Photo app page.
If you are looking for other ways to contribute or want to do more, you can purchase a gift from the Save the Children “Gifts of Joy” catalog and Johnson & Johnson will match your donation (up to $450,000). That’s a three year $10 MILLION commitment! SO impressive.
So maybe this is one of those years that you can’t donate as much money as you’d like? Donate your time to this worthy cause and raise money through the simple act of sharing a photo. Think of ALL those cute photos you can share……like our family Santa photo from last year!
Other small ways to give back include:
- My grocery store asks if we want to round up for the food bank and I always do. So each and every trip I donate a small amount to the local food bank, which adds up quickly without making it hard on me.
- As an influencer, I have the opportunity to review lots of products, so each year I round up unopened items that I haven’t used and donate them to a charity that can make use of them.
- Facilitate a group charity gift. For example, asking a group of friends or coworkers to donate as a group–if everyone pitched in $5-$10, just think of what you could accomplish!
- Go through your closets and donate business suits and toys your children no longer play with to local women’s shelters.
- Adopt a family or help with “care gifts” for families in need that need help providing food for their families over the holidays. Last year we purchased a bunch of canned and boxed items so that families had groceries over the holidays while the kids were out of school.
All simple and easy ideas that don’t necessarily mean donating a ton of money.
What simple ways do you and your family give back over the holidays?
Johnson & Johnson has curated a list of trusted causes, and you can donate a photo to one cause, once a day. Each cause will appear in the app until it reaches its goal, or the donation period ends. If the goal isn’t reached, the cause will still get a minimum donation.