This post is sponsored by Signature Sleep Gold at Walmart, all thoughts, words, and opinions are my own.
Each of my kids has struggled through their toddler years with finding peace and comfort with sleeping through the night on their own. From the ages of 3-5 my son was sleeping between my husband and on a nightly basis until his little sister was born and we literally had to force him out so she didn’t wake him up nightly. Right at the age of three our daughter started down the same path and now sleeps between us nearly every night, as well. While I honestly can admit I don’t mind it too much (I’m embracing these years of cuddling), I do recognize that we really need to get our baby girl sleeping in her own bedroom. In order to get her excited about sleeping alone in her own bed, we took matters into our own hands and tried out this new Signature Sleep Gold Mattress from Dorel at Walmart.
Here’s the thing, our daughter got our oldest mattress when we moved into our new house. We knew it wasn’t a great mattress, but we figured we’d worry about upgrading it later on. And that time is now! When we finished her bedroom makeover last year, we knew that the final piece of the puzzle was the mattress…and the Signature Sleep was a great choice for those of us that are prepping for a room makeover or a change and need to prep on a budget. The mattress is comfortable and convenient as it’s shipped directly to your door or available at Walmart for pickup!
It’s the perfect mattress for small spaces or customizing a dorm room, as well as redesigning a space for your growing family, which is exactly what we needed.
When the mattress arrived at my house, my daughter was SO excited to get it opened. And it’s so easy to setup too–they give you great and easy step by step instructions.
- Place box on a flace surface in your bedroom and carefully pull mattress out.
- Cut the outer bag along the seams with scissors, making sure not to cut the plastic bag inside. Do not use a knife. Roll out the compressed mattress onto a clean, flat surface.
- Carefully cut the plastic bag along the edges and remove – your mattress will slowly expand.
- Matress takes about 48 hours to completely expand.
After it was set up, we needed to wait about 48 hours for it to completely expand. My daughter was SO excited about trying our her bed the first night.
My tips for getting your kids to sleep alone:
- Get them excited with something like a new mattress or new bedding, or even a new blanket. Let them have some control over their space–painting the room their favorite color, etc.
- Get a fun night light and help them feel comfortable with their surroundings at night without you having to be there.
- Provide incentives or a weekly tracking sheet to get them working towards a goal.
- Don’t give up if it doesn’t happen overnight! Keep trying or even trying to get them half way through the night in their own bed.
Her room looks great and is nearly finished. The light in the bedroom casts some crazy shadows and changes the lilac color of the room, but I just adore how it looks and how it all came together. Here’s the room with the light off.
If you’re struggling with the same issues that my family is with getting your kids into their own beds, try doing something special for them like an affordable bedroom update or a new mattress and you’d be surprised about how excited they are to become “big kids.”
Dorel Home Products Mattresses are CertiPur (contains certified flexible polyurethane foam)
- Made without ozone depleters
- Made without PBDE’s, TDCPP flame retardants
- Made without mercury, lead, or other heavy metals
- Made without formaldehyde
- Made without phthalates regulated by the Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Low VOC emissions for indoor air quiality (lesss than .5 parts per million)
- For more info go to www.certipur.us
Stop by Walmart or check out the Signature Sleep mattress online for more information!