This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HaveYourCake #CollectiveBias
Fall is here, but that doesn’t mean you can’t still enjoy your favorite frozen treats. For an easy dessert recipe for my family, I decided to make a fall inspired Caramel Apple Pound Cake No Churn Ice Cream (say that 10 times fast!). This ice cream is simple, just requires a bit of prep work and NO ICE CREAM MAKER IS NEEDED! Win win, right?! And if you can imagine, this ice cream literally tastes like an apple pie a la mode…it’s SO good. Perfect for fall or even middle of the summer!
So I headed off to Kroger’s Frozen Dessert section to pick up my pound cake and grab my other ingredients. After getting all the ingredients, I headed home and got to prepping…
You can find the full recipe below, but in the meantime it calls for a Sara Lee Pound Cake, apples, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, heavy whipping cream, vanilla, and sweetened condensed milk.
You want to start by peeling and chopping up your apples. To save time, I purchased already cut apples and simply peeled them and chopped them up.
After the apples were cut, I then started preparing my Sara Lee Pound Cake by removing it from it’s container and chopping it up into bite sized pieces, as well.
I then added all my ingredients together, mixing the apples gently with the pound cake and the pre-mixed whipping cream/sweetened condensed milk mixture (you mix those together first separately with a mixer).
Once nicely mixed, I added the whole thing to an 8×8 pan and let freeze overnight. Finally…scoop it out and enjoy!!
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1- 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 or 1 1/2 cups of peels and chopped apples
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Sara Lee Frozen Pound cake
- Mix whipping cream and sweetened condensed milk with vanilla together in a mixer until creamy and thick (3-4 minutes).
- Peel and chop 1 to 1 1/2 cups of apples and set aside.
- Remove your Sara Lee Pound Cake from packaging and chop at least half the cake into small bite sized pieces.
- Over medium heat in a skillet, add apples, brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon and cook until everything is melted and the apples are cooked and soft.
- Pour whipping cream/condensed milk mixture into a bowl and gently fold in apple mixture and pound cake.
- Once mixed, pour into an 8x8 or 9x9 pan and freeze overnight.
- Serve with caramel sauce if desired and enjoy!
So have your POUND cake and eat it too with this yummy homemade ice cream recipe!! If you’re not into apple pie, switch it up and try peaches with pound cake or even raspberries cream with pound cake! The possibilities are endless! Enjoy!