This post is sponsored by FloraCraft, all opinions are my own.
Today I’m sharing a fun new recipe WITH a cute coordinating craft!! With 4th of July right around the corner, there’s nothing more American than a down home Cherry Pie! Am I right? But sometimes we all don’t have time for a handmade cherry pie, so today I’m giving you a homemade option in a quarter of the time and you can wow your July 4th guests with BOTH your cooking and crafting skills!! Check out my Cherry Crumble Pie with Cherry Garland!
I’ll start with the garland!
What you need for the cherry garland:
8 – 10 small, FloraCraft® Make It: Fun® Foam balls
Green Scrapbook Paper
1. Start by brushing your foam balls gently with mod podge, then rolling them around in glitter to coat. Let dry completely.
2. After dry and covered in glitter, cut a 3 inch piece of the aluminum wire, bend in half, and stick into two foam balls.
3. Next, take your green raffia and hot glue one end onto your ball, then wrap around the wire. **This step can be avoided if you have green wire, but since I didn’t, we used the raffia instead.
4. After wrapped and tried, cut out small leaves from your green scrapbook paper and glue over the ends where the raffia and wire are glued onto the foam ball.
5. Finally, hot glue a piece of twine onto two skewers and secure ends to your pie plate (I used thick tape on the sides). Then hot glue your new cherry stems onto the long piece of twine to hang neatly over the pie!
You now have a DELICIOUS pie with a cute and festive garland over top of it!! You can find the pie recipe below, as well!
- 2 large cans of cherry pie filling
- 1 pre-made store bought pie crust
- 1 vanilla cake mix
- 1 stick of butter
- Start by preparing your pie crust into the bottom of an appropriately sized pie pan, bake according to instructions on pie crust box.
- Pour in two cans of cherry pie filling.
- Top with half box of vanilla cake mix evenly coating the top of the pie to about 1/2-1/4 inch thick.
- Thinly slice butter and distribute evenly across whole pie. Be sure that it's spread evenly, as this is what creates the "crumble" on top.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes on 350 or until golden brown and all cake mix has melted in with the butter.
- Enjoy warm or cold...it's delicious no matter how you eat it. Can enjoy with other fillings too in the same way.
Now you have a deliciously simple Cherry Crumble Pie recipe with an adorable garland…all your guests are going to rave about your mad skill!! 😉
Check out FloraCraft for more fun ideas and great uses for foam! #MakeItFun