I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. #TEArifficPairs#CollectiveBias
I have to say, I feel fortunate that I have ONE MORE YEAR until my baby boy starts school. Life is chaotic enough with two young children right now and the thought of how life is going to be once school starts is crazy! I don’t know how all you moms do it! Always thinking ahead though, I like to find safe and easy family favorites to celebrate summer end and do it in as little time as possible! Today I’m sharing how I made yummy Buffalo Chicken Salad Sandwiches for dinner the other night and paired them perfectly with Lipton Tea and some Knorr Rice as a side dish.
The recipe is SO simple you’ll be amazed!
- 1 lb chicken
- 1 cup of Buffalo Sauce for crock pot cooking
- 2/3 cup - 1 cup (depending on how wet or dry you like your salad) Hellmann's Mayonnaise
- 2-3 tbsp of Buffalo Sauce for salad
- shredded cheese to top
- ciabbata buns
- Place your chicken in the slow cooker and cover thoroughly with buffalo sauce. Cook on low for 6 hours or until done.
- If possible, shred your chicken in a Kitchenaid mixer to get it to a chicken salad consistency. Shred longer or shorter as desired.
- Add Hellmann's Mayonnaise and buffalo sauce to the chicken and stir thoroughly.
- Place chicken salad on a bun, top with shredded cheese, and put under broiler for a few minutes to melt the cheese and toast the bun.
- Serve warm with pickles, lettuce, tomato, or other condiments, as desired. Pairs nicely with iced tea and an easy rice side dish like Knorr Rice.
I started by cooking my chicken on low for six hours and then putting it in a KitchenAid mixer to shred nicely. Did you know that tip? Shredded chicken is SO easy by using a mixer!!
After it’s mixed you can add your Hellmann’s Mayo and additional buffalo sauce and mix well. Then top with cheese and broil until melty.
My husband makes amazingly easy sweet tea using Lipton tea. So we paired our Buffalo Chicken Salad Sandwich Melts with yummy Lipton Sweet Tea and Knorr rice.
To make a simple and easy sweet tea…we use four tea bags and bring a medium sized pot of water to boil with the teabags inside. Once water is boiling he dumps the whole pot of tea into a large pitcher and fills it with water and ice to the top. Finally he adds one cup of sugar and stirs it well. It takes about 3 minutes to make and our family drinks it a lot with dinner on hot summer evenings!
We grab Lipton Tea at Walmart in the tea and coffee aisle…there are tons of different assortments to choose from!
Tell me, what’s YOUR go to dinner for busy nights??!