This past weekend my family was in town and I FINALLY got to try out a Dump Cake recipe I’d been wanting to try for a while! You may remember my Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake that everyone always comes back to on my site, as well as my Caramel Apple Dump cake…but today I upped my Dump Cake game with this Banana Split Dump Cake recipe that is easy to make a completely delicious! Let’s see how easy it is to make a dump cake and make it really WOW your crowd!
I start with a simple boxed vanilla cake mix and combine it with a large can of strawberry pie filling, two eggs, and a teaspoon of vanilla. Mix it all together and spread into a greased 9×13 pan, baking for 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
Once done, pull out of the oven and let cool.
Once cooled, poke some holes across the top of the cake and get started making your banana pudding and homemade whipped cream (don’t even think about tainting this cake with that COOL WHIP stuff!).
Make your pudding according to the box and spread evenly over the top of your cake, then refrigerate for 15 minutes to let set.
The final step is literally the best, spread your homemade whipped cream over top of the cake, top with sprinkles and fresh strawberries and then allow your guests the ability to add toppings like crushed nuts or chocolate on top (these things aren’t for everyone, so allowing them to customize is a fun touch!).
I put some fresh strawberries over the top and when you cut it open you get to see the wide array of flavors in a nice, light, airy cake (my whole family commented on how soft and airy the texture was!).
It turned out amazing and I’m so glad I took the risk and tried it. Technically speaking, you COULD call this cake a Poke/Dump cake since it’s a combination of the two, but Banana Split Dump cake sums it all up perfectly!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did! It’s the PERFECT dessert for summer and it’s so pretty and fun to look at too! Enjoy!
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 large can strawberry pie filling
- 1 large box banana pudding make according to box
- Homemade Whipped Cream
- Sprinkles, Strawberries, Chocolate Syrup, Nuts for topping
- Mix together cake, eggs, vanilla, and pie filling with a spoon and bake in 9x13 greased pan for 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees.
- When cake is semi-cool poke holes across the top of the cake and make your box of banana pudding according to instructions.
- Pour pudding evenly over cake and refrigerate.
- Make Homemade Whipped Cream recipe (link above--can also use Cool Whip if preferred) and smooth over top of the cake and pudding. Top with fresh cut strawberries, sprinkles, nuts and chocolate, as desired.