One of my husband’s favorites is Peanut Brittle. We were at the Farmer’s Market the other day and purchased some for like $5-$6 for a small bag and it got me thinking I could probably make that! So low and behold, I did! Here’s a simple, easy, and AMAZING Homemade Peanut Brittle Recipe! It’s probably the best brittle I’ve ever had and my stomach kinda hurts right now from eating it (and yet as I type I’m still eating it…dumb).
Here’s the recipe below! Enjoy!
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 cup of peanuts
- 2 tablespoons of softened butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1. Grease a large cookie sheet and set aside for later.
- 2. In a saucepan over medium heat, bring sugar, corn syrup, salt and water to a boil. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- 3. Stir in peanuts.
- 4. Set a candy thermometer in place and continue cooking. Stir frequently until the temp reaches 300 degrees F.
- 5. Once temp hits 300 F, remove from heat and immediately stir in butter and baking soda.
- 6. Immediately pour onto cookie sheet and help spread out a bit.
- 7. Let cool and then lift up mixture and snap into pieces.
- ENJOY! It's addicting!!
I bought this cute little container at Target for one dollar and hope to make some more brittle soon for my son’s teachers as a fall treat! An easy treat that takes no time at all, is cheap to make, and is SURE to please!
Hope you all enjoy! DON’T FORGET TO SIGN UP FOR OUR $200 World Market Gift Card Giveaway!