A few weeks ago we headed to the apple picking farm nearby where we picked a bag of apples. The next day we went back and got a second bag!! Then last weekend we returned again. This time of the year is so much fun and I enjoy making seasonal desserts with fresh grown apples. There’s something extra special knowing you picked those apples yourself and that they aren’t bought at the supermarket.
So I set out to try a new dessert or muffin with my apples. My family really likes cheesecake and I LOVE Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins, so I thought maybe an apple cheesecake muffin would be tasty!! They weren’t hard to make…here’s what I did:
- For the Muffins:
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups honey crisp, peeled and grated
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- For the Cheesecake Topping:
- 1 8 oz. bars of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- For the Topping:
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line muffin tin with muffin wrappers and combine all muffin ingredients in a large bowl and mix together.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup scoop batter into muffin tin about 1/2-3/4 full.
- Mix your cheesecake mixture together and place a large dollup on top of the muffin batter.
- Top with desired amount of cinnamon sugar on the top of the batter (1/2-1 full teaspoon)
- Bake for 19 minutes.
- Let cool completely before eating or it will stick to the wrapper.
These were so tasty and a nice little snack! You can even mix these up and add different fruits or flavoring to your cheesecake. Use your imagination and experiment a little bit with the recipe!